Our Spring Conference is being held on Stage 4 at CHEM UK Expo on 11 May commencing at 12:00.
CHEM UK Expo is a show for the chemical industries supply chain and is a busy show. We have kindly been given a stage for half a day and a stand for the two days of the show on the 10th and 11th of May. Our conference programme is below and shows the timings and speakers. UK and Ireland Spill Association SPRING TECHNICAL CONFERENCE @ChemUK 2023 Thursday 11 May, Stage 4PART 1: 12:00 – 13:00
The energy transition – from hydrocarbons to chemicals – lets prepare for the change of risk in storage, transport and use.
- Mark J Orr, Executive Director – UK and Ireland Spill Association
- Bill Atkinson, Chief Scientific Adviser, Adler and Allan Group
PART 2: 14:00 – 16:00
14:00 – 14:30: Lithium Ion – risks but few decent solutions this is the current response plan. Speakers:
- Mark J Orr – Executive Director, UK and Ireland Spill Association
- Graeme Warnell, Managing Director – GW Environmental & Consulting Ltd
14:30 – 15:00: Alternative Fuels – the issues for spill response. Speakers from:
- UK and Ireland Spill Association
15:00 – 15:30: Forever Chemicals – PFAS and PFOS – Problems and Solutions. Speakers:
- Dr Ken Scally, Technical and Quality Director – SUEZ UK
- Duncan Sanders, Director/Owner – ATG Group
15:30 – 16:00: Association news and PFAS Working Group interim report
The session from 14:30 – 15:00: Alternative Fuels – the issues for spill response. This is a hosted discussion with all speakers in attendance as part of the discussion forum.
Entry is free but I would advise you to pre-register for the event.