REMPEC – Project assistant (G4)
Contact for further info
Vacancy AnnouncementG.S. 22-05 (External)
Date of Issue18/05/2022
Deadline for Applications15/06/2022
The type of contract will be fixed term until 31 December 2023.T his post is limited to local status* only.
*Local status requires applicants to have unhindered permission to live and work in Malta.
Approximately EUR 22,090 net per annum, free of income tax in Malta (subject to deductions). Excellent benefits, including participation in the UN pension scheme.
Purpose of the Post
This position is located within the Regional Marine Pollution Emergency Centre for the Mediterranean – REMPEC – based in Floriana, Malta. Under the overall supervision of the Head of the Office of REMPEC, and the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will provide administrative and secretarial support for day-to-day operations. The overall objective is to assist REMPEC in providing programme implementation support for the practical implementation of the Regional Prevention and Emergency Protocol and the Offshore Protocol.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Office, Programme Officer (Prevention), Programme Officer for Oil Pollution Preparedness, Response and Coordination (OPRC), and the Project Manager to ensure that routine services and activities within the administrative domain are implemented;
- Screen and file incoming correspondence, attaching background materials and ascertaining priority, maintain a pending file for the Project Manager to ensure that these are followed up and addressed, in consultation with the Head of Office or relevant Officers, as required;
- Reply to enquiries from within and outside REMPEC regarding the projects and monitor any associated email account(s);
- Arrange appointments and receive visitors;
- Prepare correspondence, meeting documents, minutes and reports;
- Assist in preparing, updating and proofreading manuscripts for technical documents, reports and communication material;
- Provide administrative, logistical, and secretarial support for meetings and missions, including travel arrangements, preparation and dissemination of relevant documents and files, and assist officers and delegates prior to and during such meetings, as required;
- Monitor provision of services from providers, as necessary;
- Maintain REMPEC’s website and social media platforms as well as project databases and filing systems in consultation with the relevant Officers;
- Prepare tables, graphs, spreadsheets and presentations using MS Office and other software applications;
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
- Strong organizational capabilities and initiative to adapt to a broad range of tasks
- Thoroughness and meticulous attention to detail, ensuring accuracy of output under minimal supervision
- Proactive and reliable approach, with demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize workloads and to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to interact harmoniously with staff at all levels and to work as a team, in an international environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to deal tactfully in all situations and interactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Minimum of four years’ work experience in a secretarial or administrative support role. Experience working in a multicultural environment would be an asset.
Secondary education up to university entrance standard.
Proficiency in English is essential. Knowledge of any other official UN languages, French in particular, would be an asset.
Proficiency in MS Office applications are essential. Knowledge or experience in project implementation and event organization would be an asset.