24/7 Emergency telephone hotline :
Geograpical Service coverage:
Description and Keywords:
Founded in 1967 in Detroit, Marine Pollution Control was the first spill cleanup company in the Great Lakes region and one of the very first in the nation. Conceived as a highly mobile, rapid-response organization, we have evolved from the early years of oil pollution cleanup into a fully equipped and experienced company providing effective solutions to our clients’ waste management, industrial services and spill response requirements.
Through the years, MPC has played important roles in many of modern history's most serious pollution incidents.
- MPC was there in 1976 when the Argo Merchant ran aground off the coast of Nantucket, Massachusetts
- In 1978, MPC provided oil-recovery services when the Amoco Cadiz broke apart and sank near Brest, France (the largest oil spill on record at that date)
- MPC successfully transfered of over 40 million gallons of oil from the Exxon Valdez in Alaska in 1989
- During the Operation Desert Storm in the Persian Gulf, MPC personnel served on the Inter-Agency Assessment Team of the United Nation's International Maritime Organization
Our Core Values
- Environmental Responsibility/Sustainability
- Customer Satisfaction
Focused on Professionalism
Everyone at MPC is focused on professionalism. That means we complete every job safely and to our clients’ satisfaction. We develop and maintain state-of-the-art equipment — including high-capacity pumps and manned submersible oil-recovery systems. Professionalism means we serve our clients with integrity — we do what we say we will do and we strive for excellence. At MPC, we employ the most experienced and best-trained people and approach every assignment with uncompromising dedication.